Bomber Online Forums

Last weak I was riding back to my condo from a race with a heavy bag. So, since it was full of waxing equipment the bag was naturally heavy. I had some deeluxe 425's and was laying out some carves. I had a heavy bag on so it was nothing to crazy. I went in for a layed out toe side carve and folded the tongue and blue out the walk mode. I think it was mainly the bags fault but I don't really know. Has this happened to anyone else? 

Edited by Xavier Kennedy

Are you saying you pulled apart the walk/ride mechanism?  If so, that's expected.  You can pull it apart with your bare hands when it's out of the boot.  It's not intended to limit ankle flexion.  In powder mode, it just limits how vertical your shin can get. 

Hope you're ok!  That's a lot of ankle movement! 

1 hour ago, corey_dyck said:

Are you saying you pulled apart the walk/ride mechanism?  If so, that's expected.  You can pull it apart with your bare hands when it's out of the boot.  It's not intended to limit ankle flexion.  In powder mode, it just limits how vertical your shin can get. 

Hope you're ok!  That's a lot of ankle movement! 

It kinda just ripped a metal pin of of the whole mechanism to the point where I would have to buy a new cuff. My coach said it had happened to him but doesn't happen often. I used a friends upz rc10 with black tongue and they were amazing. So instead of replacing parts I just got some upz's. In the end it was most likely the 100 lb bag I was carrying.