bobble

Buck Hill 2016/17

82 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey Bob, Can you go out and check the conditions at Buck today?...and post a report? I want to test ride my new board tomorrow ;)

It's hard to tell what the conditions are on the webcams. I was kinda wishin' they'd turn on the snow guns during this cold spell─guess they're just giving up:freak3:

Edited by bigwavedave

On 3/9/2017 at 9:03 AM, bigwavedave said:

Hey Bob, Can you go out and check the conditions at Buck today?...and post a report? I want to test ride my new board tomorrow ;)

It's hard to tell what the conditions are on the webcams. I was kinda wishin' they'd turn on the snow guns during this cold spell─guess they're just giving up:freak3:

sorry dave. i was out of town. i think if you saw the hill from the 35W you'd kept on driving. save your board!

went out saturday. not looking good on milkrun. crossroads was better but there are areas where brown patches with rocks are showing.

the cord was thin and snow was fast.  upright riding. the only run i really liked was the backside run.

it was brutally cold. i wasn't dressed warm enough for the windchill.

IMG_2020_2.thumb.JPG.5bd13f7c73e0be422d33343b71fa8676.JPG

bigwavedave, trent and BobD like this

Thanks Bob. I ended up going up to Wild which wasn't too bad considering the weather we've had. Most runs were open and only Ego Ally had a narrow ribbon through a bare section at the top. 

Maybe this storm will make it good again, for a few days at least.

On 3/12/2017 at 8:06 AM, bobble said:

sorry dave. i was out of town. i think if you saw the hill from the 35W you'd kept on driving. save your board!

went out saturday. not looking good on milkrun. crossroads was better but there are areas where brown patches with rocks are showing.

the cord was thin and snow was fast.  upright riding. the only run i really liked was the backside run.

it was brutally cold. i wasn't dressed warm enough for the windchill.

IMG_2020_2.thumb.JPG.5bd13f7c73e0be422d33343b71fa8676.JPG

LOL! i gotta check bomber more often! nice one bobble! 

3/15/17

conditions we're very conducive to carving. 

Someone was flying a drone way up above the run. It was way up there. It's the white pixel in the photo. 

IMG_2040.thumb.JPG.c054ed4cd1d0dbc8f119cb2ca8f933bc.JPG

Great day out.  

IMG_2051.thumb.JPG.4c354ceebb019e3d41563658b0a17bb5.JPG

lonbordin and trent like this