Bomber Online Forums

Really, I wish we had more info for you right now.  But we don't, seeing as we still have yet to get Bomber moved over to Aspen.  I would imagine it will occur around the usual time, early Februaryish.

Suffice it to say, when we have info, you all will know about it.  

One thing we know for certain: It's on!!

My girlfriend (the planner) is questioning dates and looking to book early to save. I'm planning on being there from start to end. May even drive from Southern Cal. Hope we can solidify some dates soon so I can get her to focus on other trips next winter. We were planning on making a long driving trip and hitting several resorts but with SES "on" and all, this event has top priority.

Lance,

SES has historically been on the first or second week of February, starting on Saturday, ending on Friday.  If you are trying to book in advance to save money, you may try to book those two weeks under separate reservations, cancel the one that is not needed once the dates are posted.

The past two year, I have found plenty of hotel choices once the dates are announced.  Prices are going to be high no matter when you book.

I'm planning on road tripping for this one. Why not have the AWD swagger wagon. Besides, leave Thursday night, arrive late Friday. And then drive home the following weekend... BOOM! The cost to fly vs drive is nominal. Added rental car and or shuttle expenses/limited board choices and baggage fees. Road trip...

I'm planning on road tripping for this one. Why not have the AWD swagger wagon. Besides, leave Thursday night, arrive late Friday. And then drive home the following weekend... BOOM! The cost to fly vs drive is nominal. Added rental car and or shuttle expenses/limited board choices and baggage fees. Road trip...

Car rental is not needed at all.  Aspen has an amazing public transit system.  If you stay at a nice hotel, the courtesy shuttles will take you to and from the airport, plus some stops in town if you are staying in the meadows.  Even if you drive there, I feel it's it's best to leave your car parked and use the transit systems.  Parking in Aspen will be horrible since it's gonna be an EPIC snow season.

There, I jinxed it.  CO is dry as a bone for 2015/16

Board selection... Demo tent!  Bring your go to carve board and a powder stick and be done with it.  Historically, you could demo anything in the tent for $20 a day, I assume this year will be no different.  There was also a gear valet service where you could ship your boards to SES and pick them up Friday night at the Bomber house and drop them off the next Friday night when you are done and Bomber would ship them back to you.

Flying in is about $700 round trip right now, but that's just because the dates are so far out.  I typically find airfare at $450-550 at the 4-5 month out mark.  Check for flight awards, you can redeem your points and get airfare for $12 sometimes.

Edited by breeseomatic

If you are someone that loves to be early, parking is downright easy at Buttermilk and Highlands. If you show up an hour before the mountain opens, you can park within 10 spots of the closest spot to the lodge. If you show up as the mountain opens, you're going to have a rough time. Free/cheap parking is pretty much non-existent at Ajax and Snowmass.

The bus drops you off closer than the closest parking spot. I rented a car the first two years and have used the bus since.

For hotels, watch the sites for early-bird deals. I got two $39/night rooms one year. They were running a summer special, but you could book for any time. Admittedly, that was a mistake (that they honored!) but you never know unless you check often.

Great advice. Shuttle is 75-150 from Denver and flights to aspen are not cheap. Boards as luggage are hard for me as I soft and hard boot. 2 pairs of boots( thanks for making my custom saber so good Sean) I also plan on taking a board home with me. If I demo and like, it's mine!!!! Plus my girlfriend likes nice things and nice places to stay so a cheap room is out of the question. Overall, the cost of driving is cheaper than added airfare/luggage charges/shuttles from Denver.

We are trying really hard to nail down dates this week. If we can get SkiCo to confirm, that will help things  :smashfrea

As far as lodging, we are trying something new this year and will (hopefully) be offering some discounted lodging options to go along with your session package.  If you're a planner and want to make reservations early, I would suggest making something that can be cancelled or changed in case the group deals we put together are better. We most likely will not have lodging options posted until late summer at the earliest, as we have a lot of legwork to do with local establishments.

And thanks for the epic Aspen stoke, Hollywood  :biggthump

I can't wait ... I renewed my Aspen Classic Pass in April before this was announced and am doubly excited now. Also keen to hear about lodging options ... maybe there can be a ladies condo unit? Any takers?

Only seven months till AES or SES or General Awesomeness or whatever we are calling it now!