Bomber Online Forums
softbootsurfer

Milkland... a Surfers Paradise

Hey Bob, the powder was amazing.  We were in Snowmass for a few days, loved the snow and spent a bit of time in trees, but missed the ATC crew and didn't get to see you either...  Hopefully next time :)  

img_0211_034924.jpg

img_0211_044712.jpg

sam_0686-001.jpg

6 hours ago, tpalka said:

Hey Bob, the powder was amazing.  We were in Snowmass for a few days, loved the snow and spent a bit of time in trees, but missed the ATC crew and didn't get to see you either...  Hopefully next time :)  

img_0211_034924.jpg

img_0211_044712.jpg

sam_0686-001.jpg

Love It Tom and Henry  :1luvu:  Shoulder height already Tom  :cool:  ... our son Rob was Goofy 2 :eek:

Hope to catch you next time... let me know if you need some Stickers  :biggthump

Bob - Corey & I ran about 6 runs in the trees under the Tiehack lift last Tuesday. There was just about 4" of new snow on top of ????.

Of course Corey had no idea where he was going and I was foolish enough to follow. Surprisingly, neither of us hit anything. 

Better to be lucky than prudent. 

Your tracks here look much nicer. 

6 hours ago, John E said:

Of course Corey had no idea where he was going and I was foolish enough to follow. Surprisingly, neither of us hit anything. 

Hey, I had a tiny sliver of an idea where we were going! :p ;)

Bob - 

I had an idea for a great video:

Get a group of carvers - softboot, hardboot, whatever. Maybe 20 or 30 riders. The more the better. Gather at the top of West Buttermilk lift. The first carver heads down Big Face Hollow (under the lift) and another carver follows every 15 seconds or so. 

A cameraman gets on the lift at midway a few seconds later. If the timing works out, the cameraman passes over the first caver just as the runs converge above the mid-load. Another carver comes into view & passes below every 15 seconds or so all the way to the top. 

Wouldn't that make a great video? I was trying to think of other lifts at other areas that would provide that perspective. The only others that I could think of would be a short section under the Exhibition Lift at Highlands or maybe near the top of Big Burn at Snowmass. 

Has this ever been done to your knowledge?

Sounds interesting John... :ph34r:  Cliff used footage from the lift in Ride the Edge, but only of a couple of riders

I like the idea also of perhaps one section where you use a super telephoto to get a 100ft. field of vision, where the riders are out of focus riding into focus and then back out, one after the other 2 to 3 carves each all in slo-mo... soundtrack? East West, Paul Butterfield Blues Band ... :biggthump 

3 days of Pow and 2 of Grooom... This new Flight Attendant is a Supermodel with Benefits...the stance up about an inch and a half or so from the Land Lord...some added torsion for loading and release, soft for some Bass... Stoked :ph34r:   :biggthump

60 knot winds, up on the Bowl today ... 

win de_4966.JPG