oldvolvosrule

SoCal carvers chime in please

49 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, ldbaustria said:

Might see you Saturday!!

Sounds great. I am in a neon orange and blue jacket, black ruroc helmet. Will probably be riding with my nephew unless he joins with some other kids in his boyscout troop. He skis well enough that shouldn't be a problem, i just don't know what runs we will be on.

Mountain high was great today, groom was a little wavy in spots, but otherwise conditions were perfect!

Hi Karlen/AccusticBoarder! So nice to meet you & your nephew!! Great riding with you & what a surprise to run into Giuseppe/Megtirimix!! Let's do it again sooonest!!! :D

I could do Thursday but I have a meeting tomorrow I cannot get out of unfortunately, I'd be all over it otherwise!

I am a strong possibility for Thursday as well.  Little tricky, as I am also heading to June Friday morning........

I know, gotta get my carve in while I can, tax season is starting and I am about to be very busy....

Gotta make hay while the sun shines and all that......

Conditions were great today (Thursday), especially early to around 11:00

Looking at Summit or Mt High East on Tuesday 2/21, pending workload and potentially weather. Anyone interested in meeting up? 

On 2/17/2017 at 2:36 AM, AcousticBoarder said:

Looking at Summit or Mt High East on Tuesday 2/21, pending workload and potentially weather. Anyone interested in meeting up? 

Wednesday is going to work out better for me. Planning Mt. High East 

On 2/20/2017 at 11:14 PM, oldvolvosrule said:

I'll be at Summit on Wednesday

Hm, I might just make the extra trip to join you then!

Atleast I'd like to, but my time management says no :(. Sticking to Mt high. Hopefully next time!  

Edited by AcousticBoarder

hey carvers, heading to mammoth/June this weekend fri-sun then either mthigh east or snow valley on monday :) either should be good! but mthigh is easier on my RWD car situation... just depends how much comes down :)

5 hours ago, blackhachroku said:

hey carvers, heading to mammoth/June this weekend fri-sun then either mthigh east or snow valley on monday :) either should be good! but mthigh is easier on my RWD car situation... just depends how much comes down :)

Have fun up in Mammoth! I might join you Monday if at Mt. High, but I woldnt hold my breath because I am out of town for a convention fri-sun, so I will probably have a large work load...

East wasn't open today unfortunately, I was surprised, it looked like it had enough snow at the top, the bottom probably melted though. Hopes to they get more snow and can re-open

Headed back to Summit on Wednesday 3/1, hope to see someone else there. Always better to carve w/ others. 

Conditions should be better than last Wednesday when it was bulletproof in the morning

Edited by oldvolvosrule

Nice!!!!! 😳 Can't do Thursday, but most likely Friday?? Need  to get up there before the snow melts away !!!

Unfortunately I will only be there on Thursday. Getting stoked though, got new liners for my boots (feet are nice and comfy now) and just tuned the new board last night. 

Anyone going to TTC?

Guess what!!??  Tomorrow's meeting was just moved to Friday! !! Will hopefully see you there tomorrow!!! :D

I wish I coukd go to TTC!!! :(

Posted (edited)

How were the conditions today (Thursday March 9), what with the hot weather.  Did the runs hold up?

Edited by rjnakata

Posted (edited)

Conditions were decent actually. The runs have pretty full coverage. Nice In the morning, a bit hard in the shade though until about 930 or 10. Then softened up around 11 to mashed potatoes. As long as you stay on edge you don't get slowed down too much from the soft stuff. Never really turned into a slushy mess

Edited by AcousticBoarder