oldvolvosrule

SoCal carvers chime in please

36 posts in this topic

Winter is gearing up and Terryw and I may be headed up to summit next week. Any others interested in hooking up throughout the year?  I'm anxious to get back on the alpine board after a few years on skis

Edited by oldvolvosrule
Misspelled

Hey Aaron

I'm going to Summit next Thursday the 22nd and maybe a few other times this year. Looking forward to seeing you on a board again.

I am soooo IN!!! Got back on my board (after too many years off) last winter and loving it!!! :) First stop Park City this weekend, then Vail after Christmasl, but I'll be back in SoCal in 2017!!! Looking forward to a brilliant winter season with fellow carvers!!! :D

I just might be able to join in too. Was thinking of heading to mammoth but I didn't think it would be worth it because I would only be up there for a day or 2. Summit is a bit more reasonable.

Sounds good Aaron. I'll see you guys up there

Karlen, hope you can make it.  What route do you take to get to Summit?  You may be going past my house.

Edited by GeorgeS

I usually end up taking the 18 up for less traffic, but I may take the 138 or 210 instead, they are about the same time for me, maybe slightly faster than the 18. I can take the 210 and carpool if you want.

Edited by AcousticBoarder

Moved back to the area two years ago. 

First time ridding snow summit in about twenty years will be Wednesday the 21st. 

Looking forward to getting back in the snow. 

I will be looking for riders in hard boots. 

Well it looks like light rain Tomorrow. I'll make it up around 9:30.

Karlen Let me know if you are still going.

6two6seven33oneone28

I'm still up to go, some light rain might mean less people out on the slopes. Doesn't look like it's even supposed to total half an inch. 

Aaron 

Are you and Terry still planning on going?  If not I'll see you guys next time I go up there.

George, I'm out as my father has a cardiologist appt tomorrow at 10:00 am. Terry I think is out also due to the rain up there. I'm looking at real time temps and its 38 at the top currently. I'll hook up with you next time you make it to summit. I may try to get up  there on Friday but that's a long shot

Wednesday a bit tricky, but penciled in!! :D Alternatively could do Tue or Th! Yesterday was AWESOME!!!! 

If I didn't have a meeting....

Next week I will be in Mammoth! Mon-Thurs

Edited by AcousticBoarder

Hi Chris! Totally agree!!! Mammy/June for Pres. weekend!!....if not before!!! ;)

So sorry to hear that!!! Bummer!!!! Hope  you feel better soon! Gave my 4WD & board quite a work-out!!! 😜🏂