Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
*Ace*

Mohawk Mtn.

27 posts in this topic

Figure I should post up something to let everyone know when I am heading there.

Looking good for tomorrow night, anywhere from 4-10PM.

Took my girlfriend skiing for the first time tonight. Turns out she is a natural on skiis and LOVES it! This is going to be a great season!

Slope opened up today with a total of 3 lifts and 3 runs. Snow was in pretty decent shape after being skiid on all day long and being 100% man made. Was carvy in certain spots. I'll be spending a lot of time there now that they are open. Lets hope the real stuff is on the way and in bulk...

Its hard-pack for sure. 3 and out tonight. New parking spot is comparable to Abasin Beach, sandbar maybe(not pic)?

hawknight.jpg

Going to get some laps in tomorrow AM, maybe even PM, who knows?!

On a side note, ran into Jim Cheen randomly on Saturday morning. The first time I have ever seen or ridden with another hardbooter at Mohawk. Probably one of the only times there will ever be a Virus and a Kessler on that hill at the same time.

Sandbar parking base of Mohawk Lift.

sandbar.jpg

Mohawk is up and running as per there usual schedule. I have a midweek pass so I should be there often. Anticipating a great season!

I go mid week when I'm home from the boat and I'd love to meet up with another carver. I might try to sneak a day in with the kids after Christmas but I leave again on the 30th.

I'm a night "floater", could be anywhere giving lifties breaks or fixing stuff. Best is contact off the board.

Conditions are amazing by the way, snuck in a few runs before work today.

Don't mean to be a creep, but I frequent mohawk way to often and i've always wanted to try a hard boot board. anyone with a size 12 boot out there have an old set up i could give a go on? ill bring clean socks and beer...

chris

Epic spring conditions with hero snow today.

Sorry for the triple post.

Edited by Tugboater

I'm running a trip on Sat 1/14, I won't be able to do much more than chat but I'll be there most of the day.